Discover more from The Tactical Notebook
Corrections to "Cassandra's Curse"
Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa
In my haste to publish Cassandra’s Curse, I made the classic mistake of relying upon case materials rather than the original sources. As a result, several of the earlier posts in the series contained errors. In particular, I used designations (such as Armored Army Africa) and affiliations (such as the subordination of the Italian XX. Corps to Armored Army Africa) that belonged to times that had yet to come to pass.
Were I the prime minister of Canada, I could blame these errors on the speaker of the House of Commons. However, as I am a humble historian, I take full responsibility, not only for my faux pas, but also for the corrections I have made.
In the course of making requisite changes, I have also replaced the original maps with depictions of terrain which, being simpler and more colorful, are both easier to read and more pleasing to the eye.